Thursday, September 15, 2016

El Matador












This place reminds me of the Oregon coastline.  The huge boulders that stand in the waves and on the sand are a rarity from the beaches I'm used to seeing.  I guess El Matador beach in Malibu is one of those best kept secrets.  The parking lot is a little tiny, but people seem to be coming and going so it's best to just wait around a bit until you find a spot.  We lucked out and someone gave us their day pass as they were leaving.  The day was spent laying out out over a picnic of spicy mango ceviche, jicama, strawberries and chips n' salsa. It was all perfectly relaxing.  We talked about our upcoming road trip to Zion national park in Utah and our even sooner adventure to see Jack Johnson and Rebelution at KABOO the music and arts festival on the beach in Del Mar this weekend.  I'm really looking forward to this next month ahead.  I can't wait for the season to change and transition into fall weather, it's my favorite time of the year.


xO,

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment