Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mexican Tile
















Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21
Earrings: Forever 21
Boots: Malagros


Have you ever felt compelled to take a picture of a doorway? This urge is constant for me when the doorway is surrounded by Mexican tile. I am drawn to the playful bright patterns that are painted on these ceramic squares. I used to dream of being a textile designer when I was younger, whose work would be inspired by this style of ornamentation. I wanted to design pillowcases, bed sheets, shams, and duvets all with these multicolored markings because I believe in colorful casas. (Shoot, I still might do it!)

The denim forecast for next season is going to be all about that 70's look. Think super fitted flares, denim dresses that would look sexy as hell with aviators (cough, cough Charlies Angels-esque) and overalls which has and always will be a bare necessity of ones wardrobe. 

This look is all about the denim pencil skirt. I especially like how its high waisted with a bit of stretch. It would look great paired with a tank or a crop top. 



Xo, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment